For Landlords who wish to use our managed service we will carry out a completely free market assessment at a time convenient to you. We aim to have your property marketed within 24 hours, what that means is:
- It will go onto property portals subject to current legislation and our own website.
- A 'To Let' board will be instructed, if required by you.
- Good quality potential tenants on our database will be contacted with details of your property.
- It will be added to our next local press marketing campaign.
- Experienced property managers will carry out accompanied viewings. This is a key part to our tenant assessment process.
- All interested parties are invited to submit an application form with their personal details.
- The Landlord is then asked to select the applicants who will go forward to external referencing, any applicants declined at this stage are refunded their fees.
- Successful applications are then submitted to our referencing providers who take up extensive checks on the applicant.
Prior to handover we will organise the following:
· Landlords Gas Safety Certificate, where required unless you wish to provide your own and yearly thereafter.
· Search for an Energy Performance certificate (EPC). If there is not one in place then there will be a cost of £65.00 (including VAT) valid for 10 years.
· Written and photographic inventory.
· Take meter readings and inform all utility companies.
· Prepare a legally binding Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement.
· Protect the tenants deposit with the tenancy Deposit Scheme.
Ongoing management includes:
The first month's rent will be collected, our fees deducted and the remainder BACS over to you. No fees are payable to Hill & Clark until a suitable tenant is found and referenced. We will provide the tenant with a 24 hour emergency telephone number to call for plumbing and electrical emergencies. In the event of an emergency we may not be able to instruct the landlords preferred tradesman.
Any unscheduled repairs after first taking instructions from the landlord will be organised by Hill & Clark. These repairs will be checked by the Property Manager before authorising payment. With the first year of the tenancy we will carry out inspections of the property at 3 monthly intervals, with detailed written and where required photographic reports, either emailed or posted to the landlord. After the first year of a tenancy, if the tenant is proving to be good we would extend this interval between inspections, but bring them forward if there are any concerns. Rent is collected by standing order and each month after our fees are deducted the remainder will be forwarded to you via BACS. Any arrears will be chased vigorously by the in house accounts team and where necessary the required legal notices will be served. In serious cases where insurance is in place we will complete all the relevant claims paperwork for the landlord. if notice is received from the tenants then you will be informed by your nominated Property Manager who will in turn conduct the checkout inspection and deal with any dilapidations or repairs and the return of the tenants deposit.
A setting up fee of £250.00 plus VAT of £50.00 totalling £300.00 including VAT
A Management fee of 12.50% plus VAT totalling 15.00% including VAT of the monthly rental income.
Portfolio packages available.
A re letting fee of £75.00 plus VAT of £15.00 totalling £90.00 including VAT.
Empty care service £25.00 plus VAT of £5.00 totalling £30.00 per week including VAT.